An Insight into the Creative Process of Our Professional Dressmakers
Have you ever wondered what the process behind a custom dress design looks like? Our professional dressmakers have designed a thoughtful process for making sure our clients feel their absolute best in their dress.
- Firstly, we’ll have a discussion with you about your personal style, personality, and any ideas you have for a dress design. This might include colours, fabrics, fits and silhouettes you’re drawn to.
- The second step in the dressmaking process involves taking your measurements at our studio to make sure your dress fits you like a glove.
- Next, our lead dressmaker Daniel Moore will create an initial hand-drawn sketch that encapsulates the broad brushstrokes of the finished look. This is a great point to provide feedback and suggestions on the direction of the design.
- After a sketch of the design has been approved by yourself, our dressmakers will get to work on creating a canvas masquette to check the fit of the design and finalise fine design features such as exact beading placement.
- Finally, we’ll invite you to the studio to try the dress on and see if any final adjustments need to be made to achieve perfection.