For many people a trip to their local trusted tailor is just routine. Part of their monthly ritual.
But unless you were introduced to a seamstress, dressmaker or local clothing alterations studio by your parents, sibling or friends, it’s possible you are unaware of a whole raft of lifestyle benefits you are missing out on!
At the crux of all of the various reasons to regularly visit your local tailor are three main benefits:
Looking good / Feeling great / Saving money
When the clothes you wear an absolutely perfect fit, you look good. When you look good, people notice. When people notice you feel great. And as for saving money….
– Don’t miss out on that amazing sale item and shell out for a more expensive item instead. If it’s just a bit big or small bring it in and we will adjust the fit for you.
– Have you got an amazing dress or jacket that you dropped a bundle on but is just bit off trend now? Don’t go out and buy an expensive modern replacement without considering bringing in the old garment first. We may be able to upstyle it and breathe a new lease of life into your old favourite.
– If you’re gained or lost weight it can be extremely expensive to buy a whole new wardrobe to fit what may even be a temporary new body shape. Bring in a selection of clothes for work and play and we can get you back in the fashion game without breaking the bank.
– Went wild and tore a shirt? Don’t buy a new one and tear your hair out too! Just bring it to our experienced tailors who will mend your clothes for a fraction of the cost of buying new ones.
– Buying clothes online can save you a ton of money. But if the online retailer doesn’t have a sterling returns policy you may be hesitant to take advantage of a great deal for fear of being stuck with some pants or a shirt that don’t fit. Never fear – your local seamstress is here! Buy with confidence and just bring any items that missed the mark into Alter-Ego, your favourite Brisbane tailors and dressmakers.